Sign in to follow this  
rramaley

A video for those of you with young children

I thought I might share this with those of you with young children. About 9 months ago, Ellie, a daughter of our friends in the US, sent us "Little Bear" - a photocopy of a character that the children in her class have been reading about in books. She asked us to show him around Sydney, and send him and a postcard back so she could share his adventures with her 1st grade class.

We did something even better: we laminated Little Bear and took him diving with us around Sydney Harbour and some of the coastal sites. We showed him the wonderful underwater life and made a video for Ellie to share!

(I realised that after rendering the movie and deleting my Final Cut project, that the Port Jackson shark wasn't a Port Jackson shark (no harness markings), but a Crested Hornshark, so apologies for the mistake but it's there to stay. smile.png). (By the way, am I the only person who cringes at the sound of their own recorded voice?)

Filmed on a Sony HDRXR550 in a Light and Motion Bluefin Pro housing with Sola 1200 lights.

Hope your children enjoy it!

[vimeohd]35068697[/vimeohd]

Edited by rramaley
  • Like 2

Very nice video, very cute. I'm sure that the kids enjoyed it. And yes, I am also self-concious about the sound of my recorded voice.

Great Video! I will be sharing this with my little one.. The Voice Over is just perfect bedtime story tone for kids. You should be applauded!

Great stuff!

It is very hard to make films for children as the age range of interest is so severe. What a 4 year old likes a 3 year old may not understand and a 5 year old could find boring. Gracie(4) loved it, but Oliver(11mths) was a little too young and just shouted 'egg' while trying to hit the screen.

Very well done! :)

Cheers, Simon

but Oliver(11mths) was a little too young and just shouted 'egg' while trying to hit the screen.

How interesting, my husband (40) did the same thing!!! ;)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements