Probably don't apply to you guys since you guys are on Mac. I'm using Deshaker + VirtualDub and it's very powerful. The downside is, it only run on 32 bit, which my Window7 64bit has no problem to load it.

Here is a demo, perhaps some one out there manage to get it work with Mac:

Looks ok you can see however that there is a crop around 15-20% similar to what Mac software does

You would also notice that periodically the building on the right warps...a typical outcome of stabiliser software

I don't think that underwater footage should be similar to someone running, however the most important where you need stabiliser is macro where you zoom in, in that specific the cropping is less of an issue with a subject in center of the frame

Right now with the xacti after I have selected footage I apply stabilisation only rarely and I am happy with the results, with the sony in camera steadyshot I think it will be possible to leave more footage as it

Yes, the YouTube Deshaker video comparison is an extremem condition. And yes you do loose 15 to 20% of the footage due to cropping. It's critical to me that I don't need to stabilize in post processing as even if it's a lost of 5% border, the pixel is no longer 1:1 and image will become software during final output rendering.

With proper bouyancy and calm condition, the RX100 probably don't need post processing stabilization 8 out of 10 times, but macro could be a different story.

Macro needs tripods!!!

Yes, the YouTube Deshaker video comparison is an extremem condition. And yes you do loose 15 to 20% of the footage due to cropping. It's critical to me that I don't need to stabilize in post processing as even if it's a lost of 5% border, the pixel is no longer 1:1 and image will become software during final output rendering.

With proper bouyancy and calm condition, the RX100 probably don't need post processing stabilization 8 out of 10 times, but macro could be a different story.

You can't use tripods if it's a wall dive, well, most of the time :P

Edited by kc_moses

Sponsors

Advertisements