Sign in to follow this  
scorpio_fish

Anyone else having problems accessing the site?

At work, IE locks up when I try to go the forums. The main page never fully loads.

At home, most of the graphics, (e.g. the top banner, jpeg images and forum icons don't load). I had to guess where the New Topics button was to post this.

This page says 48 items remaining. Seems to be stuck on the header jpg.

It must be a conspiracy.

No problem with accessing the site even if I am doing it from Europe.

No conspiracy if you ask me.

Mee too with IE6, Opera works.. I've had similar problems with www.digideep.com.

Sami

I've also being experiencing problems if I access the site from the forums control on www.wetpixel.com. Images from the Gallery Showcase don't load and it seems to generally screw up IE so that when I visit other sites their images don't load either.

However if I access www.wetpixel.com/forums directly and wait for the redirect that occurs I don't have any problems.

On www.wetpixel.com I get a privacy report about a rizcamera jpg - I don't know if this is related.

Hope this helps,

Richard

Did this just start happening today?

Maybe it was one of the affiliate calls inserting some bad things into the page. In any case, I'm glad to hear that it's working again.

I made no code changes yesterday.

OR, since the only code shared with digideep.com is the digideep POTW, perhaps there was a code problem there! That would explain being able to come directly to the forums, but not being able to hit it from the home page.

Lars -- what are you doing over there?! :)

in IE i have had the same problems .. but Firefox is still going strong !!

When Internet Explorer goes nuts, first thing to do is go to preferences, clear the cache, then stop the program. It will usually download the buttons properly after restarting.

The exciting change is Sir Eric Cheng making the new format take me to the next unread post since my last visit. Whew! Thank you............

I've had this problem at least for few days here in wetpixel. www.digideep.com has been problematic with IE since week 4 of this year, I noticed it when I submitted my photo for POTW contest.

Like Richard, If I go directly to forums with url http://www.wetpixel.com/PNphpBB2.phtml, I have no problem with "Items remaining", given that I haven't tried to access url http://www.wetpixel.com. Emptying cache, deleting cookies and restarting IE helps in case I've previously tried to access the main page.

If I use url http://www.wetpixel.com, I get "Items remaining" in the status bar. It seems that IE is waiting for some image to load, but the image seems to be different most of the time. I tested this five times, emptying cache and deleting cookies after every test. Every time the image in "Digideep POTW" box fails to load, so I suspect that there is something wrong with digideep POTW code.

I get the same "Items remaining" problem when accessing http://www.digideep.com, using both my office laptop (w2k/IE6) and home computer (XP/IE6). With Opera wetpixel and digideep work without any problems.

Sami

Let me disable digideep's contest for today. Let me know if it is still broken...

It seems that removal of digideep's POTW fixed the problem for me.

One more note, if I browse http://www.digideep.com/potw.php, none of the pics load. If I then use the same IE window to browse http://www.wetpixel.com, some of the pics on that site go to "Items remaining .. " mode.

My IE version is 6.0.2800.1106 with update version SP1, with my coworker's XP running same IE version with update version xpsp2.030422-1633 everything works fine.

Sami

OK. So now we wait for Andi or Lars to post here telling us it works now. Maybe some of you can help out in testing!

OK, I got here fine with Mozilla. Now that you have disabled POTW, I can access the site just fine.

I went over to digideep. The POTW wouldn't load. When I clicked on "Canon" under cameras, it locked up just as it was for Wetpixel.

I applied latest updates for W2K/IE on my office laptop and now digideep's POTW seems to work.

Sami

Thanks, Sami.

I'm not going to include digideep on the front page again until the problem has been fixed, even in the older IE.

hello guys,

after some days without internet access I finally read this thread.

This problem occurs very occasional. I experienced it on our site and

on different others not related sites, too. So far I don't have any clue

what's the reason for it.

It would be very helpful if anybody who experience this problem can

send me a report to my email address [lars at digideep dot com]

including time, browser, browser version, OS version and type of

connection. I will try to fix the problem as soon as possible.

thanks in advance.

/lars

hello,

after some research I think I found the problem and fixed it. As I can't

browse our site with all different browsers out there I would be very

glad if anybody who had problems with the digideep potw contest could

have a short look at it and could give some feedback.

ciao Lars

Lars,

It works now with both my home (XP/IE6) and office (W2K/IE6) computers.

Sami

Hi guys. I put the digideep potw back on the home page. Can you all let me know if it is loading? I've heard from one person already that it isn't working, but I want to see if it's still a problem for others.

Regards,

Eric

Works for me now which it didn't back in early March

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements