Sign in to follow this  
scorpio_fish

Anyone else having problems accessing the site?

It's still not working for some people, so I had to yank it. Too bad...

Hi Eric, can you please make public for whom this was not working?

Otherwise we have no chance for a potential bug trace. If there is a

bug at all. ...

Ike and Dave Haas have mailed me so far.

Who knows. WP is also not loading for Ryan, on his Sprint wireless connection -- but that's not related, I don't think.

That's good to know! I will contact Ike. As far as I know he has a really old-school computer system which he loves to use for testing sites. However I know that he is succesfully accesing our site and manages to edit his product specs. Maybe we have to take a closer look at the integration routine on your site. If you can give Lars a closer insight, I am sure he will be glad to help. I hope we manage this issue soon, as we will need a soultion to mirror your POTW on our site, too.

BTW: you are caching weptixel, correct?

Andi -

It may be a problem with Wetpixel -- even though I have not changed anything on the front page. A few people are having problems with certain older versions of IE.

I might just make them upgrade. You have to stay current, guys.

Yes, I think you have to draw a line somewhere. I also hate to discriminate people for using old browsers but I think the times where you have to make a site work with all of them are definately over.

In March, digideep was viewed by 80% Microsoft Browsers and

Internet Explorer 6.x 69%

Others (FireBird we think) 18%

Internet Explorer 5.x 9%

All others now have less then 1%

I can confirm that both our sites work fine on PocketPC's IEX,

which I think should need more focus than 4.x < Browsers.

Andi -

Wetpixel works with all modern browsers. It's isolated instances where the front page doesn't work -- and for a long time, it was because of integration with Digideep. We aren't sure why the front page isn't working now, as nothing has changed. But it may be specific versions or builds of IE that are having problems.

I disagree with working with browsers

Eric -

maybe my reply was a little bit strange. I agree with what you wrote. Lower versions than 4.x hold back the web.

Hi, guys. I've removed the google ads from the front page, for now. Can those of you still experiencing lock ups try to hit the home page again?

Dave Haas tells me the change occurred after Tuesday night -- which is around the time I reenabled the Digideep POTW. But I've changed nothing else, and the problem seems to still be persisting.

Argh.

I suspected situation was like caller ID on the telephone. Eric trained the site to block "awful ike" from seeing what is on the front page, but does still allow him access to the forums.............

Ike -- you are very funny. :)

I'm looking into the problem. Without an old paperweight/Mac, it's going to be really hard to debug!

OK. Now I'm getting logged out every few hours.

But I've made no changes. This is really perplexing!

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements