Sign in to follow this  
NLAVD

Review of the 300D/Rebel in the Ikelite housing

As many of you know I used this system in Truk Lagoon a few weeks ago and had pretty good success with it. This is an effort to answer questions others have had about the camera, the housing, etc. It's in a pretty basic question/answer format and is not as polished as I would have liked but I simply haven't had the time to put into it that I had hoped. Hope it helps.

Click here for my review.

Nice write up Jay.

FYI. The flash sync speed can be pushed to 1/250s with no problem and 1/320s with only a very small loss in coverage. See the discussion here. Also, spending the extra $600 on a 10D would not have given you a faster sync speed.

Yeah, that was a useful review you wrote. Thanks!

You sound happy with your new toy. Would you buy a TTL aquatica if you were buying today? I'm currently deciding between the two, just waiting for a bit more Aquatica info before I decide.

I have a question. Does the S&S 90dx work with the Ikelite housing for the 300d? How about the Inon 220s? Oops, that's two questions.

I have a question. Does the S&S 90dx work with the Ikelite housing for the 300d?

Not until the announced Ike - Sea & Sea sync cords come out.

No idea re: Inons

Chris

Great Job Jay, I really liked the Q/A format, and the dedicated galleries for each lens.

The Inon Z-220 will work in manual mode with the rebel when these new sync cords are born. I suggest skipping the focus/laser lights, unless you have another camera system, and buying the z220s, because they won't work.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements