fly&dive

Rear window on Nauticam housings, acrylic or glass?

Hi, appreciate if someone can tell me if the rear window on Nauticam housings (specifically NA-7D & NA-5DMKIII) is acrylic or glass?

After a recent trip to Raja Ampat, the rear window on a housing ended up with a couple of scratches on a dive with raging currents at Cape Kri. If acrylic I may be able to polish away the scratches.

Thanks fpr the info!

AFAIK, they're all acrylic.

Yes, definitely acrylic.

Thanks all for the info. I guess then I should be able to polish out the scratches, or at least reduce them.

If you need any more information, suggest that you contact Jean at Aquatica. He is the technical director and is great about answering questions.

http://aquatica.ca/en/contact.html

They are polycarbonate, which can be tricky to polish. Replacement parts and labor from NUSA for customers in the Americas is $280.

If you need any more information, suggest that you contact Jean at Aquatica. He is the technical director and is great about answering questions.

http://aquatica.ca/en/contact.html

Wrong company...

They are polycarbonate, which can be tricky to polish. Replacement parts and labor from NUSA for customers in the Americas is $280.

[/color]

Wrong company...

Nah, right company, wrong product happy.png

You would give it a try with a NOVUS Plastic polish, you don't really have much to lose, if it does not work out, then get a replacement

LOL you manufacturers crack me up!

Any headlight lens restoration kit will work on polycarb. Just a matter of how much your time is worth to you and whether you want to deal with elbow grease vs paying for a replacement. I'd check with your SG dealers and see what it costs. I know I bought a 3M or Permatex kit in SG once.

Sponsors

Advertisements