Sign in to follow this  
mgrovermd

Wide angle wet lens for Amphibico.

Do any of you have any experience with the Amphibico, wide angle, wet lens?

I can't decide between the bayonet mount 100 degree lens, they say they will have in April and the 80 degree coverage of the wet lens adapter, which is available now. It's to be used with a VX2000 housing. Any thoughts?

Michael

I've used it and it works fine, but 80 degrees is not all that wide compared to 100. I saw recently the new port that takes the wetmount 100 degree lens. The owner was dissapointed primarily because it was entirely useless for WA without the adapter. I'd want the new lens to be shipping and for there to be some field experience with it. Amphibico's been promising it for a long time.

I have the older 100 degree lens and it's great (though expensive).

The new 100 degree lens is apparently two pieces, and special port plus a wetmate piece. The port is available now but the wetmate piece is not. Without it, the port is apparently listed as a macro port. I don't know what the conversion for it is. The owner who had it was disappointed that it wasn't useful for wide without the extra piece.

The 80 degree wet lens is not a bad piece of gear. It gives you the option to shoot wide angle and close ups in the same dive which makes it pretty flexable. Just be careful of 2 thing if you purchase it. It gets scrachted very easely, be very careful with it in the water, not a big deal most of the time but when you get that really cool silouette shot of the manta or other big animal, the scratches just so happen to show up. 2nd when taking the wet mount lens off and on be very careful that no bubbles clinge to the interior of the lens. Periodically check it during the dive for bubbles and or anthing else that may get caught between the wet mount lens and the flat lens of the housing.

Hope this helps!

Todd Richard

www.synergy-productions.com

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements