Sign in to follow this  
bfdc

ULCS arms and clamps a problem in carry-on?

trying to distribute my packing and was wondering if the TSA folks would view ULCS double ball arms and clamps as an issue?

thx in advance

I never had issues, done lots of flights between europe-asia and asia-australia with a bunch of different airlines.

Safe travels!

Morten

Same here, clamps and arms have never been an issue.

Steve

Agree with the above posters... ULCS arms and clamps always in the carry-on and never had an issue.

Joe

I have never had a problem. Used to get my carry on bag with housing, strobes, camera, etc, stopped everytime. But haven't even had the bag pulled. Inthink they are used to seeing these items in h carry ons. I do put my tools in the checked bag however.

Kirk is right to put all the tools in the bag that goes in the belly of the plane. Even the very small ones. I seem to forget on the way home for some reason and they always pull my jewelers screwdrivers and allen wrenches out at the xray machine. I think I'm on my fourth set. I blame it on the rum.

Cheers,

Steve

thx for that heads up...I knew about the more "dangerous looking" tools - [though I am told by a buddy recently coming out of Cayman that they seem to pass on diving scissors for some reason (blunt edge?) but took his crescent wrench and others] -- , but I was about to put my single hex wrench in my think tank carryon, but I guess I will pass now. Sheesh....will they pull my plastic Sea and Sea tool to pull o-rings as well? only sort of ;-)

Edited by bfdc

I have a Sears tool bag, that I put all my camera and dive gear tools and then check that bag in a larger bag o go into the belly of the plane. I have the Sea and sea plastic oring tool as well and it is stowed in my Think Tank carry on bag. It have never been pulled!

I just had my allen wrench set and wrench "removed" (= stolen) from my checked bag on a Bali-HK-LA trip.

Minor loss compared to the theft of my Passport on the flight from LA to HK...

Edited by DocTock

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements