echeng

Wetpixel redesign feedback

It looks nice, but what I find a bit disappointing, is that there is a lot of white space left and right. (using a 1600x1200px screen, probably people or using higher res screens as well). Is there not a wasy to make it adapt to screen size? (using firefox)

CNTRL-SHIFT-PLUS will increase the type size and widen the screen real estate used.

CNTRL-MINUS will take it in the other direction.

Edited by cneal

Thanks for the feedback about site width. It has been proven that people read more effectively in columns. We might, in the long run, do a responsive design that tiles when browsers are set to be really wide, but that isn't in the current plan.

I'm enjoying the new site.

For quick navigation to Reviews etc, can you not just create a dropdown menu on Articles, based on Categories/Sections? Product Reviews, Product Releases, News, Interviews, Competitions etc etc

I see Tagging would be useful as additional, not instead of. An article should only be in one Section/Category, but it can have multiple Tags.

I noticed there was a black box after my signature. Went to the signature editor - the back box was in place of the link to my flicker page. I back spaced over the beginning of the link so it now starts with WWW rather than HTTP and that seemed to fix it. No more black box.

Tom,

I had the exact same problem. I used the link icon in the editor to add the URL in which fixed it.

Edited by andy_deitsch

Thanks for letting me know. It's trying to auto-embed the Flickr URL. I'll have to fix that.

Yeah—that's how we're thinking about doing it. But I think there were way too many categories, before, and I want to streamline it.

I'm enjoying the new site.

For quick navigation to Reviews etc, can you not just create a dropdown menu on Articles, based on Categories/Sections? Product Reviews, Product Releases, News, Interviews, Competitions etc etc

I see Tagging would be useful as additional, not instead of. An article should only be in one Section/Category, but it can have multiple Tags.

I've removed the Flickr video embed. The regexp system here for matching is a bit weird, and I can't find a way to match only embedded video while leaving other Flickr links alone. So your Flickr URLs should all work again without creating the empty embed. Flickr sets still work.

"View new content" doesn't seem to work but was an issue before update. Problem on my end? Anything to do with Adblock software?

Steve

I can confirm that "View new content" seems to be working for me:)

Can you give us a little more info about your browser etc?

Adam

I am using Firefox 19.0. "View New content" did not bring anything up when I just signed on, first time since last post. I have recently added AddBlock plus which does a lot of filtering but I wouldn't think that would be an issue here.

Steve

Sponsors

Advertisements