Sign in to follow this  
echeng

Picture of the week voting and change in rules

Hi, guys.

Because no one is voting in the POTW area, we're just going to pick winners unless there are at least (2 x # entries) votes. If we assume that every contestant votes, even 2x is a pretty poor number for choosing a winner.

Photo contest rules will be coming soon. We have significant prizes lined up!

-eric

To be honest, I forgot.

I only notice when you post up the encouragement. I am not suggesting you post everytime to remind people but maybe a constant reminder somewhere may assist in increasing the voting.

IMHO

I agree, Todd. I'll try to think of something. :lol:

maybe you could pop a little reminder at login?

Did anyone ever judge the last of the Old Format photo comp? it says judged soon but has since been locked off

Where's Bob?..........I miss his humor and insight............hope he's just on a long dive trip

Karl

I really think it should be bi-weekly. Eric, instead of having the winning POTW on the main page how about having a "slide show" type box that rotates all the current entries? Also moving this to the left frame would make it more noticeable for me since the right frame is ALWAYS cut off in my browser (Netscape 7.1).

Robert - the frame problem will be fixed when Netscape fixes their code. Have you tried using the latest Firebird? It's better than Netscape, in my opinion.

As long as we continue to get high quality winners, I'd like to keep it weekly. There should be enough people here to get weekly submissions -- and because we are growing, there will only be more and more people participating.

But should the number of entries fall off considerably, we'll change it to bi-weekly and up the prize stakes a bit.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements