Sign in to follow this  
Reef Hook

Diving lessons on Grand Turk barrier reef.

To get a break from the wet , snowy, freezing U.K. early spring we booked a trip to Grand Turk in the hope of sun and some warm up diving in advance of a Raja Ampat trip later this year.

Ten of the eleven days diving was a typical mix of Caribbean underwater life with a profusion of soft corals and a wide range of tropical Atlantic fish life.

However day three was to prove one of those "one off" experiences the memory will not forget, especially as I was able to record to video all four frantic minutes.

We had completed a long wall dive and were returning to our moored boat at some 15m over the sandy slope above the drop off. With an advance warning of multitudes of clicks two big Atlantic bottle nosed dolphins burst into our dive group and proceeded to give us a very personal series of lessons in advanced diving skills.

First show off your supreme agility and speed followed by a master course in getting a garden eel dinner then more showing off until tired of our pedestrian attempts at copying you depart as swiftly as you came.

https://vimeo.com/62005100

Edited by Reef Hook

Thank you Admin for embedding the video. For some reason I was unable to do so (which is why I edited the post twice). I must be missing a trick in how to do it with the new site format.

Edited by Reef Hook

Wow, that must have been an amazing experience. Very cool.

Amazing.

At 3:30 looks like the other dolphin comes to say, enough playing with those clumsy creatures, let's go!!

Thanks for sharing.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements