Sign in to follow this  
Oceanshutter

Am I missing something? - Galapagos

I went to the Galapagos the later part of July at the peak of the whale shark season.

At Wolf and Darwin we had current and surge. If you turned your head sideways and your mask was not on tight it would flood.

As Mike has said, the currents can vary, but everyone who I know who have dove there has commented on the current at Wolf and Darwin. One dive site at Wolf is named "the washing machine" due to its changing surge. The merging of different currents bring in the pelagic fish. You will really enjoy the amount of fish life there, just be aware of the possible conditions. I should also point out that the water temperature at Wolf and Darwin is around 70-72 degrees.

Edited by eyu

Last time I went there in June 4 years ago I saw big hammerheads got flushed by sudden change of current and forced to spin round and round at Wolf.

It may be a coincidence, but I just noticed two pretty harsh reader reports in Undercurrent about the Carib Dancer in the Bahamas. It may be totally unrelated I'm just speculating, but perhaps they are getting bad press and need to offer big discounts to regain their reputation and do damage control. I've been to Galapagos twice but not on an Aggressor or Dancer. I have been on 4 or 5 Dancers/Aggressors around the world and I've generally found them to be very good.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements