PeteAtkinson

Leak Sentinel from Vivid Housings

Mine took about 8 days as I recall. To Virginia. Miso ships promptly.

If the vendor reads this I would recommend to use an electronics varnish leaving out the tiny sensor to prevent the same in future versions.

I'm 100% agree with and178schwarz.

Can somebody (maybe Miso) provide indication of area(s) need(s) to be protected from conformal coating.

Just got back from my second liveaboard with the leak sentinel -- a 12-day Raja Ampat trip. I had the Sentinel installed the whole trip and pressurized my Aquatica 7D housing 20-30 minutes before every dive. It worked flawlessly the whole trip.

I've now had the Leak Sentinel installed for 8 months, during which time it's probably been on about 40 dives. It hasn't been off the housing since the day I installed it. There is no sign of galvanic corrosion anywhere. The thing has worked flawlessly every time - worth every euro for the peace of mind!

I've just had to do a battery change on mine after about 60 dives. My heart sank at the thought of taking it apart whilst on a dive trip and fitting a new battery. But no problem at all. Took about 5-10 minutes and easy.

As troporobo says, worth every Euro in peace of mind.

Agree Tim - piece of cake. Done mine quite a few times. 10mins max.

I used one for 2 dive trips, worked well. Then typically when I decided to sell my system with the sentinel it wouldn't work. Turns out the PCB was knackered and obviously needed replaced. Maybe damage was caused from handling when doing the battery change, so not sure of its long term reliability from my experience.

I did need to replace a hex screw and received some a few days after an email to Miso. So no complaints on service.

Edited by Johnqdiver

I agree.I do not want to have to change the battery while on a trip or worse, on a liveaboard. So I change the battery out before every major dive trip. I normally leave my LS on all night after servicing my housing, etc. for the next day. I get about 40 dives off a battery and buy them in bulk on the internet.

"Knackered"-got to add that one to my list of good words. What we miss not speaking the Queen's English on this side of the pond.

Sponsors

Advertisements