collinsp

Sony FX1 and Nano drive . . .

Hi Guys,

Has anyone got any experience of using the Sony FX1 with a Ninja drive or such like? I'm wondering if this will allow me to capture the sensor data and increase the bit rate and quality of what the camera is capturing at the moment. I'm trying to prolong the life of the camera and housing a little longer before i bite the bullet and upgrade :-)

Thanks

I believe the FX1 doesn't have HDMI so it won't work.

It could be fitted to a FX7 in that case. What would be the output in that case and would it also bypass the really annoying standby lag to recording?

Yes the FX7/V1 has 8 bit 422 1080i uncompressed HDMI out.

If you had a Z1 it has the SDI out, you probably could pick one up for a a the price of a packet of chips these days ;)

If I remember correctly, the Z7's SDI output is compressed.

There is no SDI out on the Z1 but there is component out via a proprietary plug. Is that of any relevance here?

Really, I thought it had an SDI, yes you can get an HD signal via component and a converter to go component to HDMI then into the Ninja. But I think by the time yiou finish that process you will have a mess of wires, may need extra power for the converter and it won't fit in a housing.

LOL it's pretty sad when an 9 year old camera is considered as ancient as a model T car. What strange times we live in.

Yes the FX7/V1 has 8 bit 422 1080i uncompressed HDMI out.

Has anyone done this with a Gates?

Sponsors

Advertisements