Any suggestions on how to improve the upper part of the shot? all of the gear info is included in the link.
Personally i think it's because of the acrylic dome port.. but i could be wrong.
Any tip is welcome.

8878973963_2cb32d2856_c.jpg
Trying my first ''over under'' shots, any tips?? by Max Daniël, on Flickr

Thank you in advance,

Max Daniël

What was the shutter speed, aperture and strobe power

• Like 1

Shutterspeed was 1/200th aperture f11 iso 250.

And the flash was set on ttl which should have been on manual..

Looks like there may still be a sheet of water on the dome to shoot through. You can get all kinds of interesting effects doing this.

Steve

Looks like there may still be a sheet of water on the dome to shoot through. You can get all kinds of interesting effects doing this.

Steve

In this shot, i tried to get a traditional split shot, with the top part being reasonably sharp. so this picture is not really a big succes.

I took this one at the end of the dive (at the exit point) so there was still a lot of water on the dome indeed.

Next time i will try to make a split shot in the beginning of the dive when the dome is still dry.

Thank you!

Max Damiël

Edited by maxman2402

I think that you have to go into the water to take splits, not try them at the end of the dive. Glass domes and water repellant are helpful: even spit works. If not: Photoshop, before it becomes a professional-only product!

I've also found that using a portrait format (and even focussing on the background) can sometimes yield a better image:

post-4522-0-57457600-1370104260_thumb.jpg

wow great subject (scene) you got there. Thank you for the advice!

Sponsors

Advertisements