Sign in to follow this  
Oceanshutter

Advice on Galapagos shooting

Hello,

I am heading to the Galapagos in a month, and I have been thinking about how I going to white balance given the conditions and terrain. I use a Canon 5d mark ii. And normally WB off the sand or my hand. Given, that there might not be white sand at wolf/ darwin, and considering the currents, I will be wearing gloves. What are the suggestions out there? A white slate can be a little harsh and not to mention a bit hard to deal with in that kind of current.

I have heard people talk about turning the WB to Daylight, and not worrying about it, and just set the right exposure and I am off. I am uneasy about this, as I am not an accomplished post production guy. However, I am willing to listen to options that give me the best chance of success.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Dustin

Even at Darwin and Wolf, there is plenty of sand to WB off of. However, many, including myself, WB off of white fins.

Even at Darwin and Wolf, there is plenty of sand to WB off of. However, many, including myself, WB off of white fins.

I think I am thinking when I floating in the blue with Whale Sharks.....I don't really want to buy white fins.....

I am not sure why I am surprised that there is white sand at darwin and wolf....I guess I have a different vision of what the terrein is like there.

Dustin

Use a grey glove or just put grey/white duck tape on your fins.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements