diveski01

Nauticam LCD Magnifier with Dioptric Adjustment

Does anyone have first-hand experience using this accessory?

Funny, I was about to ask the exact same question!

I have used a Hoodman for my SLR land camera that works rather well but I had dismal results with an underwater LCD magnifier ( non- Nauticam ) . So I really would like to know about the Nauticam as well. Lets hope someone can chime in!

I received mine a couple weeks ago, just in time for a trip to Bonaire. I used it on 23 or 24 dives, shooting both WA and macro. I am very happy with it, and would buy it again for sure!

I was unsure if it could be removed during a dive, and it can! Just pop it off the rails -- easy!

FWIW it's on my Nauticam NA-Rx100 housing.

• Like 1

Thanks for that response! It was very helpful. So, which lenses are you using for WA and macro? Those would be next on my list.

For WA I have the Inon UWL-H100 Type 2 with the Dome unit. I am extremely happy with the WA stuff.

For macro i have two Inon UCL-165. I was using them with a Saga flip adapter. When stacked, I had a hard time getting the camera to focus. The last day I moved my focus light to where it was closer to my subjects and it seemed to help. I am going to get a better focus light before my next trip - probably a sola photo 800. I didn't try stacking them both on the housing without the flip adapter, so I am not sure if that would help with the focus issue I was having.

I like bayonet mount so I'm planning to get the Nauticam 67mm to Inon LD Mount Adapter when I get my first wet lens. I'll probably start with the Inon UWL-H100 28LD. Need to get the camera and housing first though. Soon. Very, very soon.

Sponsors

Advertisements