An oasis of life in the Caribbean, unaware of overcrowding. Perhaps one of the last unspoilt places where we can dive surrounded by sharks or meet face to face the saltwater crocodile in the mangrove channels.

Shooting with Red, Epic Amphibico Rouge and Canon lens.

https://vimeo.com/69947951

• Like 1

Wow, spectacular video. I'm not sure that I'd have the guts to be right on top of a croc like that, but it makes for a great scene. Thanks!

EXCELENTE !!!

I had dove some of those same spots and you excel in capturing the essence of the place and the characters , congratulations !

The only thing that i don't like it that much is the music . Don't take me wrong , the music is great but it doesn't connect me with the place . But it's only my personal taste .

Thanks for posting such a great video

JA

Hi Jonny,

Sigma 15 mm & Canon 17-40 mm. I'm not very happy with the Sigma, I see shooting very soft. Now I'm doing tests with the Tokina 10-17 mm.

All the best,

Rafa

Great Rafa! Luisa and I are going next year :)

Bravo Rafa!

Is that the 15mm FE? I know a couple of guys that swear by it. Tokina is great just make sure you get the new (NH) version as it will vignette less at 5K. You like the 17-40mm?

Yes, I suspect that the cause could be the distance from the lens to the dome. I have to try the extended of 1.25 ".

I like the 17-40 mm for shallow water, sharpen, the problem is its luminosity f4. I'm waiting for the Canon 14-24 or Sigma 18-35.

I am afraid there is not much to choose from. :-(

Edited by Rafa Herrero

Beautiful, ethereal imagery.

Is the croc Franco? When we were there he was hanging around the dive base, but nobody went in with him.

Thanks! They were two crocodiles, none was Franco, they had no name :-)

Edited by Rafa Herrero

Rafa, are the Acutus there regularly nowadays? I spent 3 days looking and couldn't find any. Any big ones over 3m?

Nice video. A few clips had focus issues in parts, like the Acutus swimming away @ 1.58. Did you crop the picture for a few shots? There were a few soft shots in there.

Great stuff; but having dived there (unfortunately only once so far), I wish you would have shown more. The packs of Silky Sharks, Tarpon, Barracuda, rays, not to mention even the macro. I agree with Jose on the music, OK for some of the stuff, but too slow for some of the action and excitement I experienced there. I guess there needs to be a Part 2. :)

Edited by loftus
  • Like 1

Thanks Drew!. Yes, crocodiles are regularly there, always near the boat, but those who allowed to approach are the smallest , no more than two meters.

No crop the picture, but yes There were a few soft shots :-(

Loftus, thank you very much for your words, you're right. Maybe one day I make a second part. The next trip will Azores :-)

That's ok Rafa. Upgrade to dragon and the focus will be even MORE difficult! :)

Wow that is nice and sharp.

Those croc shots were very nice.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements