Sign in to follow this  
rickcavanaugh

Nauticam Viewfinder problem

Is anyone using a standard nautical viewfinder and is able to see much more than 50% of the camera viewfinder?

I bought a Nikon 7100 setup and I am unable to see about 1/2 to 1/3 of the viewfinder even with shifting my head with a mask on underwater. This is totally unacceptable.

Is this a defective eye piece or is the only way to make the housing usable is by installing the external viewfinder?

On my 7D Nauticam with the standard 0.66 finder, I can see most (not all) of the camera viewfinder with this, but it is quite small. Are you sure the camera is mounted correctly in the housing. Take off the finder and look through the empty hole. You should see the camera finder fine, then put back the 0.66 and see what you get.

Bill

Thanks Bill.

I took the back off and by chance I looked through the viewfinder backwards. In made things smaller. Looked through it from the correct side and it magnified things.

They mounted the lens backwards!

Nope, not it.

The viewfinder makes text larger, but when place against eye and look at something 10 feet away it makes it smaller. I have no idea how this optic works.

I think it is basically it is a poor match for the 7100. I ordered the 180 degree external eyepiece. .......

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements