onewolf

Any speculation on how long before Canon 70D Nauticam housing is available?

I plan to upgrade from my current T2i to a 70D camera body (70D is already on order). Any theory on how long it will take before Nauticam releases a 70D housing based upon previous new camera bodies and Nauticam housings?

Thanks.

:crickets quietly chirping:

I'm guessing it will be several months from the release of the 70D (early/mid Sept) until a housing is available. Maybe December timeframe?

Hi Onewolf

I am sure there are housings for the 70D just around the corner. Expect maybe something announce at DEMA. We are spoilt these days for choice. Turnaround time from when a camera was announced and when a housing is available is now faster than ever. It will take a few months just to get the design and prototype ready. I am an engineer myself and it is not a fast process from design to finished product. Meanwhile enjoy your T2i and may be get try out the Magic Lantern free firmware and have fun. With the new focusing system for the 70D that camera has a very interesting future. Pity it has no CF slot.

cheers

David

My Nauticam 70D housing was available quite soon after the camera came out, no more than 3 months. Expect the same for the 7DII.

Hal

Nauticam ships their housing for the Canon EOS 7D Mark II

Nauticam has announced their housing for the Canon EOS 7D Mark II camera. If features a dual function lever for ISO and M Fn (focus area adjustment) and a button to allow the vacuum system to be reset from the front. It features Nauticam’s multi selector pad, and for the first time on a Nauticam housing for a Canon camera, a lever to activate or deactivate the camera’s flash.

Continue Reading

Sponsors

Advertisements