fforbes

Alaska Wolf Eel

We came across what we are told is a Giant Pacific Octopus on our trip with the Nautilus Swell last week... an absolute fantastic trip! We had a lot of "firsts"... the GPO, our first wolfie, a lumpsucker... just an amazing eleven days. Thank you Swell crew!

post-3320-0-74723500-1376974776_thumb.jpg

Oh darn! Here's the wolf eel:

post-3320-0-93066800-1376974923_thumb.jpg

Very nice, particularly like the octopus. :0)

Gary.

Someday I'm gonna get up to the PacWest to see the wolf eels for myself. I really like both shots, thanks.

Oh darn! Here's the wolf eel:

I love these guys (although I have yet to see one in the wild). Nice pic.

-Gina

For me it has to be Wolfie........probably one of my fav. fish.........but my chances of photographing one in the flesh are close to nil....

....still....

maybe one day :-)

Thanks for sharing.

Nice Wolfie. I'm glad you had a good trip. I have done this trip twice, once on the Nautilus Explorer and once on the Swell, and I wouldn't mind doing it again. People look at me strange when I talk about going to Alaska to go diving, but it really is a special place to dive.

DrSteve, It was an absolutely fabulous trip... shooting salmon going upstream, swimming in icebergs, playing with stellar sea lions, wolfies, octos, calving glaciers... and in the evening about 10 different scotches waiting for you! There was just that one little water temp thingy, and you just put up with it. One of our best trips ever.

Sponsors

Advertisements