Sign in to follow this  
alycat

Newby and off to the South China Seas

Hi, I've just brought a digital video cam and seapro housing and I'm off in a few weeks on the trip of a (my) lifetime to the south china seas (force z ships) which are 60m+ and very much need advice as I won't have my camera till I'm almost on the plane. Any advice is much appreciated.

1. Filters??? A blue and green filter are available for my optilite housing and at £84 each is it worth it? Most of my diving is done here so eventually i'll opt for the green filter but for now i'm thinking of just buying the blue filter for this trip.....will it work effectively at 60-70m or am i better off having no filter at all?

2. I am probably going to opt for the 'my buddy holds my lighting' system, but is there a better way that's kinda affordable. I already have a HID CD umbilical torch is there a way to mount that to the housing.

ta,

Aly

You will want to use lights or filters but not both at the same time. Lights will obviously be needed at night but their usefulness is limited otherwise unless they are very big.

I think you should definitely carry a blue water filter. Green water filters are of more selective use.

Mounting lights to housings is what you want to do, but without knowing your housing or lights it's hard to say much about it. I like Aquatica TLC arms and ULCS arms personally but there are others.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements