Anybody have experience with the CM Diffusers by AquaTerraImagery?

I use Inon Z240 and often wonder if I may achieve better Edge (no pun intended Martin) lighting with a convex diffuser?

Inon only manufacture the flat diffusers, but I have just discovered the CM Diffuser at http://cmdiffusers.bigcartel.com

post-38200-0-56863500-1378860318_thumb.jpg

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Cheers

Rod.

I am also very interested to see how this diffuser works! Anybody tested them yet?

Thank you

130413-untitled-0059.jpg

I've been using the wide-angle versions for the past few months, and will be taking the macro ones with me to Lembeh on the Wetpixel Macro Workshop next month.

I use them on my z240s

I plan to do a more formal review at some point, but quick thoughts are that they produce a very soft, even light field. Standard diffusers can be quite harsh. They also cool the strobes down (to around 4600-4800°K) which I find is more pleasing.

They seem very robust.

Adam

Thanks Adam

Appreciate the feedback...

Think I might try them....

Cheers

Rod.

I can't see any vent holes in the on-line pix (too low res). Is trapped air bubbling away an issue when diving with them?

HI Tom,

Not in my experience, there is space around the sealing edges for air to escape (on my Z240s at least).

Adam

I use another kind of difusers made for land strobes, but they are the right size for Z-240 too. It's the Lightsphere. They work very well and gives a softer edge lighting. I just secure them to the Inons with a pair of bungees (see picture).

See: http://www.garyfongestore.com/featured-products/inverted-dome.html

They are also a lot cheaper!

Cheers,

post-7140-0-91373000-1380219437_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sponsors

Advertisements