Nick Hope

Mucky Secrets - Prologue - The Marine Creatures of the Lembeh Strait

I've been working on a 90-minute documentary called "Mucky Secrets", about Lembeh Strait critters. I still have some way to go before finishing it, but here's a prologue I made in advance of the full release. I really tried to show the personalities of the animals, which isn't easy when they only have about 3 seconds each. Feedback welcome!

As usual, wonderful images. Very impressive, and I'm sure that the documentary will do the subjects justice. Thanks for sharing. Could you share what camera and lens combination that you were using? I'm impressed at the depth of field that you're getting with these macro subjects.

Edited by SwiftFF5

Thanks SwiftFF5! This was shot with a Sony HVR-Z1P HDV camera with a Century Optics +3.5 diopter in a Light & Motion Bluefin HD housing with Light & Motion halogen lights. i.e. An antique camera.

Wow, you've got many wonderful images in this. I love the opening sequence of closeup eyeballs. My favorite sequence might be the razorfish though, it has a 3D feel to the way they emerge from and fade into the black background. Very well done, thanks for posting

Excellent.

I always enjoy diving with Two Fish. The guides are great and very attentive, finding things on request...

Superb stuff Nick - very well done

Great work.

Every time that I see one of these great videos, I kick myself for not getting rid of my DSLR and buying a video rig.

Well done.

Sponsors

Advertisements