mcliffy2

Edge Mini Wasp v. 2 FIT 2400 or i-Torch Pro 6

I'm looking into a video light that I can use with my GoPro and also integrate into my Aquatica 7D rig. I've narrowed it down to the Mini Wasp v. 2x FIT 2400 (or i-Torch Pro 6, but for now I'm thinking of these as basically interchangeable).

Link to the Wasp info, since it seems this is the lesser known option: http://www.edgedivetech.com/miniwasp.html

I'm leaning towards the Wasp based on my needs. Here are the pros and cons I've considered.

In favor of Mini Wasp:

- fully adjustable knob for 1-100% (this is a big one for me, the ability to leave a light "off" at 1% then crank it up quickly with one twist to film means using it all day on one charge is much more realistic; I don't see myself fiddling with multiple button pushes on both lights every time I want to start recording with the FIT/iTorch, so realistically I'm recharging all the time between dives)

- slightly less expensive

- super-high build quality

- more even spread (or so I'm told)

- seems easier to integrate into my DSLR setup with strobes (e.g., centered over the housing, as opposed to having a video light and strobe on each arm)

- OLED display give battery life percentage

In favor of 2x FIT/iTorch

- higher lumen output (although the wider spread means the difference isn't as drastic, and I'm told the intensity drops off towards the edge more in these)

- smaller and lighter

- dual use as spot light (FIT)

Am I missing anything? Thoughts on which of these best suits my needs? Thanks in advance!

Edited by mcliffy2

I just received 2 of the Mini-Wasps. Needed lights that would perform well below 100m, so these seem perfect. Haven't tried them underwater yet, but they are very bright and even.

-Brian

How do you plan on mounting two of them? It seems like they are really designed to be used singly (since they have two ball mounts).

I'll post a pic soon. Initially planning to shoulder mount them to my rebreather for deep dives.

-Brian

Sponsors

Advertisements