Sign in to follow this  
Glasseye Snapper

wetpixel, a breath of fresh air

I just felt an urge to comment on the exceptional skills, knowledge, helpfulness, comraderie, and general quality of information posted by the wetpixel community. I guess we all have come to expect this but it is becoming a rare thing to find on the net, with many photography sites being particularly nasty, empty-minded or just congratulatory.

Kudos to all

Bart

• Like 4

I am new to this forum but feel I have found a group of people that are friendly and helpful. Thanks to all.

Wetpixel is indeed special, a gem of the internet. I do think the exceptionall good atmosphere can largely be attributed to the site being well run, well moderated, and especially to the fact that the best of the best in the world of underwater photography have been involved since the early days of this this forum. These experts have been, and continue to be, exceptionally sharing and generous with their time and knowledge. The collected wealth of knowledge in this forum is incredible, and I consider wetpixel the most comprehensive source of information on underwater photography in the world. I joined wetpixel in 2004 and pretty much everything inknow about uw photography I either learned he or from someone very active on wetpixel.

• Like 2

WetPixel was recently recommended to me by a friend and I'm now overwhelmed by the resources available. Many thanks to the organizers and contributors. I've been heavily involved in research underwater videography over the past decade or so and have had to learn much through trial and error.

Thanks again for this great resource.

Apologies for hijacking your thread, but I apparently don't have sufficient permissions to start new threads. I'm a absolute beginner, and I wanted to ask a few questions. How can I get permission to post a new thread?

Hi Adam,

To my knowledge you can create a new thread if you have an account and are logged in. Clearly you have an account. If you are sure you are logged in as well and the "start new topic" button is still not working than you need to get some pointers from one of the moderators. They may spot your message here but it's not the most obvious place for such a question. The feedback forum might attract more attention. The "About" link on the home page also provides a feedback link where you can contact the site maintainers directly.

Welcome to the family!

Bart

Hi Adam,

The system is setup so that new members must post to an existing thread before starting a new one. This helps limit some spam generators, but also does a fair job of confusing new members. A great place to make your first post is in the Beginner forum where you can introduce yourself on the existing thread. You should be fine now to ask away. :dancing:

Cheers,

Steve

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements