Sign in to follow this  
Johnqdiver

Macro lens suggestions for NEX-6

Can any body suggest a macro solution for the NEX-6 & Nauticam. I've read that the 30mm macro isn't really suitable because of the distance to subject being a bit to close.

I'd be happy to use an external wet diopter such as the Subsee +5/10 and the like, just wanting to find a lens that would give me acceptable close up results.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

John

Thanks A.Y. For the pointer to the new Zeiss lens.

John

Yes for the 50mm. Now 6 months overdue grrr. At the moment on my NEX7 I use the kit lens 18-55 with a Subsee +10 or the Inon UCL165 lens with the converter.

Yes for the 50mm. Now 6 months overdue grrr. At the moment on my NEX7 I use the kit lens 18-55 with a Subsee +10 or the Inon UCL165 lens with the converter.

Do you feel as though you get satisfactory results with the kit lens & Subsee combination?

Will Nauticam provide a port for the Zeiss lens?

Nauticam seem to produce ports for most of the usable lenses so fingers crossed!

Let's hope the final lens will be what we need for a usable macro for the NEX system...

Currently 30/3.5 is the only option. Coupled with Subsee +ve, ext tube or dry lens, it becomes a supermacro tools.

Can't use an extension tube without some type of extension for the port. Can't use a dry lens because not enough space inside the port. Can't use an outside closeup lens very well because the lens at 1:1 already focuses to close to the subject and all you would be doing is backing up without gaining any magnification.

The attached is I think the best current solution along with the Ziess 50mm macro for NEX coming at some point.

http://reefphoto.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=80_148_149&products_id=6409

Another solution for macro with the NEX camera systems,

Zen FP-MBC100 for Metabones Adapters and Canon 100mm Macro Lenses on NEX

post-2618-0-18624700-1388766163_thumb.jpg

Mark which port did you use the Kenko and 30mm macro with?

Do you feel as though you get satisfactory results with the kit lens & Subsee combination?

Not the greatest. Hard to focus at 55mm

Nauticam seem to produce ports for most of the usable lenses so fingers crossed!

Let's hope the final lens will be what we need for a usable macro for the NEX system...

Edited by Aliens

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements