https://vimeo.com/80434354

Hello Everyone,

I put together this short video of a Nudibranch eating another Nudibranch. It really is pretty crazy. I didn't even know they did this. Let me know what you think.

Hope you enjoy.

Dustin

Really nice work. Can I assume that the camera was tripod mounted for this?

Edited by SwiftFF5

Wow! Nudis have to eat... Navanax around here (SoCal) is known as a fierce hunter, although I have yet to witness an attack. Great shots!

PS: you didn't bring the poor thing to the big guy, right?

• Like 1

Wow! Nudis have to eat... Navanax around here (SoCal) is known as a fierce hunter, although I have yet to witness an attack. Great shots!

PS: you didn't bring the poor thing to the big guy, right?

I was wondering that too. Pretty good coincidence......

I was wondering that too. Pretty good coincidence......

To repeat my statement, I had no idea they even did this. And, I did not touch the nudis.

Sorry you didn't like it, but I thought it was pretty amazing behavior.

Dustin

I did not mean to doubt your integrity, my apologies if I sounded critical, but I have seen some pretty dubious practice from one photographer bringing 'amazing' pictures back, but handling his 'subjects' like puppets (nudis).

It's clearly a one in a lifetime encounter for a videographer. Congratulations on a dive which must have been challenging (different angles, focus, etc). Nice short edit too!

• Like 2

I did not mean to doubt your integrity, my apologies if I sounded critical, but I have seen some pretty dubious practice from one photographer bringing 'amazing' pictures back, but handling his 'subjects' like puppets (nudis).It's clearly a one in a lifetime encounter for a videographer. Congratulations on a dive which must have been challenging (different angles, focus, etc). Nice short edit too!

Thank you. This was actually at the very end of the dive, and only in about 15-20 feet of water. It was a good thing it was shallow, as I was very close to running out of air waiting for it to end. It wasn't too hard to film. As they pretty much stayed in one place.

Dustin

That's awesome! Well done!! Starts so nicely and turns into a horror movie! :-)

• Like 1

That's awesome! Well done!! Starts so nicely and turns into a horror movie! :-)

Thanks Alison

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements