JDelage

Good WA photo books?

I'm looking for a few suggestions of UW photo books with (1) a focus on WA photo and (2) some details on the photo settings (aperture, speed, strobes, etc) on the photo's page.

Just to be clear - I'm looking for a picture book, not a book on UW photography (I have Martin Edge's book for that).

There are technical details in many of Chris Newbert's books, but I don't know what details you are after.

Bill

I'm looking for aperture, speed, and ISO at a minimum. Lens, camera, strobes, and distance would be good too.

Good luck with that. We have lots of UW photo books and that info is not seen in any of them.

Bill

I find The Underwater Photographer by Martin Edge to be one of the best books I have read. The most recent 4th edition is a couple of years old but has a section on SLRs and Lenses, as well as a section on Wide Angle and Macro. In the Chapter on the basics it covers shutter speed and aperture along with pictures showing how changing the shutter speed changes the colour of the water.

• Like 1

Water , light and time by David Doubilet - Doesn't have photo info i.e. shutter speed etc but is truly inspirational.

Sponsors

Advertisements