Sign in to follow this  
scuba-s

diving from red sea aggressor from mars alam?

looking at doing a 7 day trip from the red sea aggressor from Marsa Alam in may ,is May a good time to dive that area ,I have heard the viz is great but what is it like sea life wise ,and photography wise of cause ? is there anyone that has dived from the red sea aggressor?if so what did you think of it,also want to fill in a few more days after the trip is there anywhere near by worth diving.

any info most appreciated

steve :-)

I have never seen an Aggressor in the Red Sea. My experience of the Aggressor fleet is that the diving "plays safe", but the guests are looked after well.

May is too late for sharks: they will have gone below 40m as the water warms after March. The southern Egyptian reefs can be very good diving, but they do attract a lot of divers. Elphinstone reef, in particular, is just too busy and photography often impossible because of the curtain of bubbles rising along the length of the reef.

There's not much around Marsa Alam: it's a half-built tourist town, one that expands yearly but is never completed.. It's a long trek to anywhere else, but there are dayboats out to the nearer reefs.

Edited by tdpriest

I'm going on the same trip in mid-April. This is the newest boat, and IIRC the first trip is in March.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements