peterbkk

CheungyDiver Broke His Leg

I know that many members in these forums have received lots of great advice from CheungyDiver, aka David Cheung of ScubaCam in Singapore, including me. (CheungyDiver)

Yesterday, David fell off a motorised skateboard and landed badly, breaking his left tibia and dislocating his knee. We were actually due to meet so I met him while he was lying on the ground waiting for an ambulance. He was in a lot of pain. The doctors say that the break needs a pin. He will be in hospital for a couple of weeks then stuck in a wheelchair and on crutches for a few weeks.

I know that you'll join me in wishing him a speedy recovery.

I'll pop in to see him tomorrow so I can pass on any messages. PM me if you want the hospital address and bed number.

Regards

Peter

Hope David recover fast and 100% ....

David, stay tough yah.

That's terrible... But what the hell was he doing on a motorized skateboard?!

• Like 1

Oh Man,

Sorry to hear this. Please do convey my best and a quick recovery.

Thanks

Diggy

Just visited him at the hospital.

He will recover as there is no nerve damage but it is a bad break. Just below the knee. So, the doctors have to immobilise it with an external structure for a couple of weeks and then put a pin in the bone.

He's at one of Singapore's best hospitals with great doctors so he'll be OK.

But, he is already bored with not being able to move.

Regards

Peter

I'm sorry to hear that, it sounds like a bad break. Best wishes for a speedy recovery - but don't push too hard, too fast. Please make sure that it is fully healed before stressing the leg too much.

Love this forum. Thanks for the well wishes. I am fine and the doctor stabilised my leg bone with rods and clamps. Amazingly compact gadget. Gives me a few ideas. I will be bed bound for a week before they could operate.

Well motorised skateboard is fun but bloody dangerous. What was I thinking. My other work as a transport architect got me interested in personal electric vehicles. The last mile solution for public transport between subway stations or bus interchanges. Skateboard motorised is not the best solution. Foldable motorised bicycles may be better.

Thanks all again.

David

• Like 1

David will be discharged tomorrow. Just saw him today in transit in SG. He has a lot of rehab therapy to go but is in good spirits… and still tinkering with ideas in the hospital bed. :)

What's scarier is that his hospital has better security than Robert Mugabe's hospital (although Mugabe did take the entire floor!).

Sorry to resurrect this thread-but it seems fitting.

David Cheung (@CheungyDiver) has died after an illness. It is a very sad time for the many of us that enjoyed hanging out at Scubacam and sharing his enthusiasm and friendship. Our thoughts go out to his family and community of friends. Please feel very free to add thoughts and comments here.

RIP David- we will miss you.

cheungy-1.jpg

https://wetpixel.com/articles/rip-david-cheung

Such sad news, it was always a great visit with David in Singapore. Wealth of information and a world class tinkerer/inventor. He will be missed!

A sad sad day for us @ Wetpixel, where David was a fellow friend and fellow enthusiast to so many of us here on Wetpixel. 

Very very sad news. David and Scubacam were such an institution and a fixture in Singapore. Always tinkering with something new, never quite finishing the previous project! He was a treasure trove of information, and it was a must to go and have a few mugs of beer with him when passing through Singapore. RIP David.

Sponsors

Advertisements