Sign in to follow this  
jasonhartup

Problem with YS-250 pro !!

I have a few Sea&sea YS 250 pro strobes when I got them out to get ready fro a trip and tested everything one powers up fine test flashes fine but wont fire from optical sensor or electrical sync cord it has not flooded and as i mentioned before will manual test fire at all settings any ideas or has someone had a similar problem. Help!!

I've had issues with the connector not being seated all the way down into the strobe. It looks fine but doesn't make a connection. Might try reseating it. Do you have another cable to try to make sure it's not a bad connector/cable?

Steve

I have tried different cables I have a few other of the same strobe and they work fine with the cables and like I said it does not work with either electrical sync or fiber optic.

The only other time I had issues I had the slave switch on the wrong setting.

Has the strobe had any impacts? Sounds like a connection problem between the sensors and capacitor wiring. The test fire bypasses this area.

Have you got the slave set to off?

tried it with slave on and fiberoptic and slave is off with sync cord, no impacts I am aware of I have several of these strobes so I know how use them properly I spoke with a rep in Japan he said he has seen the problem before sea&sea is not quite sure what causes it it can be rep are but sometimes reoccurs after repair ?

Edited by jasonhartup

Alternative option and maybe only one for you is to set the 2nd strobe (problematic one) on slave mode and make sure the first one is triggering it since it's cable is working fine. This implies that manual settings for the power should be used.

I'm not sure if they fixed this or not, but I went through a couple of ys250 strobes. Problem statement was exactly the same, i.e. worked with "test", but not optical or sync cord. I sent one in for repair and was told that an internal "molex" connector came loose and it was a known problem. I had it fixed and it happened again after two trips, at which point they just replaced the strobe for me. I used to check my strobes before the first issue and hand-carried after that, and the 2nd failure was after I hand carried, so whatever the issue the strobe itself was fragile. For $1000, even if its out of warranty, you should take it back to point of purchase. I can't imagine these are high volume products so buying one of these more expensive models puts you in the valued customer range.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements