Sign in to follow this  
foragefish

remote video underwater

Hi, I am a volunteer monitor of a dam fishway. I want to video what is occurring underwater as spawning river herring approach our fish ladder entrance. I can stand on a platform about 4' above the high tide water level at the fish ladder entrance.The water depth at high tide is about 6', so I need to be able to lower a video camera about 10' down to reach the seabed floor. Any suggestions as to how best accomplish this and what equipment to use?

Thanks.

The answer is an underwater pole cam. For example, Aquatica and Gates have proper solutions for this:

• Aquatica Polecam
  • Amphibico POV Flexcam
  • Gates HMR10 / HCK10 (Point of View)

If your budget is none-existent, try a Gopro attached to a monopod which in turn is tied tightly to a sufficiently long DIY pole of any stiff material, e.g. a pipe. However, with a GoPro you will not be able to monitor in real-time.

The answer is an underwater pole cam. For example, Aquatica and Gates have proper solutions for this:

• Aquatica Polecam
  • Amphibico POV Flexcam
  • Gates HMR10 / HCK10 (Point of View)

If your budget is none-existent, try a Gopro attached to a monopod which in turn is tied tightly to a sufficiently long DIY pole of any stiff material, e.g. a pipe. However, with a GoPro you will not be able to monitor in real-time.

With the GoPro App and the correct GoPro, you WILL be able to monitor real time. Even remotely control your GoPro.

Bob

GoPro App underwater?

How about Gopro 3 in a Hugyfot Housing? 3 meter cable should be just about right and you can monitor what you are taking with the original LCD Bacpac in a separated housing.

http://www.hugyfot.com/Products/GoPro.html

Edited by kkfok

You can now mod. the Go Pro Hero 3/ 3+ and slap on faster lenses or a real macro lens using the BackBone GoPro mod kit.

Housing will have to be custom though.

cheers

David

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements