GlenElectronic

Little Cayman Dive Video March 2014

This video represents 5 full days of diving on the Bloody Bay wall with my son who was doing digital still photography. As usual, the Groupers are like puppy dogs following you around with some wanting to rub up against you. Also dove the wreck "MV Capt. Keith Tibbets (really Russian Frigate 356) off Cayman Brac.

Video shot with Light & Motion Bluefin Housing, Fathom 90 and 145 lenses, Sony HDR-CX550V camera. No lights (although I do have L&M Solas, I prefer to shoot using ambient light and white balance on a very regular basis). NLE used is Sony Vegas Pro 11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xMFM6fDQy8

18 minutes is very long.

I agree with the above comment about the length. My suggestion is to two make two final videos, one for those that did the dive that is as long as you want but also make one for an audience. Your audience will friends, family members and people like all of us. Attention span of the average viewer is about 2.5 minutes max. Find the greatest highlights of the trip, generally no scene should be over 7 seconds long and make something about 2 minutes long for the rest of us to enjoy a glimpse into your experience.

Edited by focker

Agree to comments above about shortening the length for average viewer. I used to be a cinematographer for documentary films and except for my demo reel, nothing was ever 3 minutes long. My videos are not for the masses, really for people who want to have a bit more of the "experience" of the diving area and some of the interaction with sea life. And in truth, I shoot for my son's to have great memories of all the things they did with their Dad while growing up :-)

Edited by GlenElectronic

Sponsors

Advertisements