Sign in to follow this  
belgiumdiver

Advice on housing for D90 (Hugyfot?)

Hello from Belgium,

I've been a diver for almost 20 years.

Now I would like to combine my diving with my other passion, taking photo's.

I have a underwatercompact camera (sony cybershot with se&sea ys-26) , but for 6 years I've been using nikon D90 with a collection of lenses above water.

I would like to buy a decent slr housing for my D90 and use my nikon 60mm 2.8D macro and tokina 11-16mm 2.8.

In Belgian diving magazine's there are ad's for hugyfot housings.

Any advice on them? Experiences, pro / contra's?

thanks for the help

I would look for a used housing in the classifieds. The D-90 is a couple of generations behind (although it will do just fine for underwater work) so a used housing should be available.

All of the Hugyfot owners that I've met in the last few years are very pleased with their housings, for what it's worth.

I had
1 Ikelite Fuji E-900 housing

1 Ikelite D90 housing (for sale)

I have
1 Patima Canon G11/12 housing

1 Hugyfot Nikon D7000 housing (for sale)
1 Hugyfot Nikon D800 housing

Ikelite
PRO: good priced housing, well built and the transparent acrylic housing has some advantages as you can see trough
CON: bulky, you can't use optical cables with their D90 housing.

Hugyfot
PRO: good priced alluminium housing, fail safe bolt lock, vacuum and leak detector included, good choice of ports, small sized, good customer service
CON: button position on original camera button location can make one hand use dificult (but you have the buttons where the camera has it, easy to remember)

I have made about 300 dives with both housings and i never had the slightest issue with them and my next housing will be another Hugyfot.

As you live in Belgium i suggest that you go with Hugyfot as you have the service just in your front yard!

Chris

Edited by ChrigelKarrer

I had my D90 housed in a Nauticam housing.

It was perfect for me. Ergonomically well designed, easy to handle, excellent port lock system, optical strobe control built in.

I would second the suggestion to look at the Classifieds here and on ScubaBoard.com.

I successfully sold my D90 housing here.

Edited by DocTock

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements