Sign in to follow this  
vjey

Tokina 100mm and Nauticam

Hi, i want to buy a lens for macro but Nikon 105mm VR cost around $900 and I saw the Tokina 100mm. I want to buy this tokina, but I didn`t find which port I have to use on Nauticam port Chart.

My question is: Has anyone tried this lens and which port I have to use.

thanks.

Hi, i want to buy a lens for macro but Nikon 105mm VR cost around $900 and I saw the Tokina 100mm. I want to buy this tokina, but I didn`t find which port I have to use on Nauticam port Chart.

My question is: Has anyone tried this lens and which port I have to use.

thanks.

Hi vjey,

I think we've had a few people use this lens, but it is not one we would tend to recommend. The lens extends quite a bit when focusing (almost doubling the length), which yields several problems, including making it much tougher to use an external close up lens. The focus is a screw drive style with a focus clutch ring, so switching between AF and MF underwater wouldn't be doable, and the screw drive lenses tend to be slower focusing with more hunting.

The 105VR is a full time manual focus override lens with ultrasonic (AF-S) focus motor, so doesn't have either of these issues.

Regards,

Chris

Although the Nikon 105 VR is my favorite Macro lens, if the $899 price tag is too steep, you might consider the Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED. It is a great macro lens that you can pick up for about $550 ($150 more than the Tokina but will give you much less headache). If you are shooting DX, you might find the 60mm preferable to the 105mm Nikon.

I bought my 105VR from Nikon USA refurbished for $719 using a 10% coupon code I got in an email, and you couldn't tell it apart from a new one. They send these out fairly often.

Thanks....I bought a pre-owened 105mm VR on ebay.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements