Rene2014

new Sony RX100 III

Hi everyone,
I plan to replace my old equipment (Sea&Sea DX1G with a broken YS110) with a one one. My favorite by now is the Sony RX100 II with a Nauticam housing.
Yesterday Sony introduces RX100 III and now I’m not sure to buy the old or wait for the new one. What do you think?
Sony changes the position of the flash and added a viewfinder at the old flash position. What do you think, how long need housings builder to introduce a new housing?
Beside of this the lens changed to 24mm. As I understand in the other topics most wet lenses are designed for 28mm. So will current wet lenses (like Inon UWL-H100 28 oder UCL-165) could cope with this camera and even more important: would the quality as good as or even better?

Thanks for you help!
René

added after posting: sorry I missed the discussion "Sony RX2 and Sony RX200 being readied for Photokina 2014" below. I think the question concerning 24mm is already answered there.

Edited by Rene2014

I was considering upgrading from the original RX100 to version 3 if it fits inside my housing... Meikon housing for version 1 or 2; version 3 is an additional 3 mm thick, but perhaps it will work if the buttons have the same position relative to each other and the lens does not extend too far. I'm interested in it for terrestrial use (faster lens, ND filter, EVF) but also some of the new features sound good for underwater work... especially 120 FPS video even if it's at a reduced resolution.

Usage is pretty basic; so far almost always shooting auto mode without light or flash with the Inon H100 and a red filter while free diving. Looking to get into night diving over the next few weeks/months so I can try to catch coral spawning here in Okinawa.

Sponsors

Advertisements