marjan10000

Aquatica - Nikon D7000 - 2xInon Z240 - OPTICAL CABLE

Hi all,

Please i need advice.

How to use D7000 in a AQUATICA housing connected to a pair of Inon Z240 over fiber optic cables and using TTL exposure.

So far I have used these two flash with cables, and now I have them connected with fiber optic cable. I have a problem that Nikon D7000 internal flash does not fire flash??

Thanks allot

Are you sure it is not firing the Inon at all or is it firing but not synced?

You can use the strobes in TTL emulation mode (sTTL) quite easily with the Inons. Set the camera to shoot iTTL and the strobes to TTL and you should be happy.

Bill

Edited by bvanant

I think you can set the popup flash in the menu to be in manual mode, and use 1/128 as a start for flash.

marjan10000

- don't connect anything to the hotshoe as this will disable the internal strobe

- if the internal strobe don't fire it is most likely not fully open. Check that with the open housing!
- check the menu settings that the internal strobe is enabled and set to TTL and full power. If it should work then you can reduce the power down to lowest power as it should be enough.

- if the internal strobe fires but the INON Z-240 are switched on and set to s-TTL not then check/swap/replace the optical cables
- Set the Z-240 to s-TTL and have the right knob in the out position

- When the internal strobe don't fires it is most likely because the internal strobe is not fully open.

- The INON fires always when he get a light tru the optical cable

I used the Z-240 on several cameras, including the D90, D7000 and now the D800 and never had problems that the INON did not fire.

Chris

Edited by ChrigelKarrer

Hi.Thanks to all. I did everithing before.

I tried almost all the options before I wrote here. I do not understand whats happening. I tried Inon Z240 firing optic cable and when triggers can see the light, but Inon not trigger. They are working 100%. I borow new one and try, nothing.

Edited by marjan10000

Hi,

Did you set the internal strobe and the INON correctly?

For S-TTL:

Camera: to TTL

INON Mode Knob . STTL

INON Lower Push button: If I remember it correctly you it Needs to be either pushed in or out ( I can not remember which one).

Cheers,

Erik

marjan10000

- some stupid questions:
Do you have peeled the black skin from the fiber optic cable to expose the white/transparent core to the light from the strobe?
Is the plug on the Acquatica free and not plugged with dirt?

Is the plug on the Z-240 clean and not plugged?

What type of fiber optic cable are you using?

When the D7000 internal strobe fires and the Inon not then you have a problem with the optical cable on one of the end plugs or the cable is broken between the 2 end plugs.
I had once a broken fiber optic cable on my D-2000 strobe and it drove me nuts to figure out what it is.

Try to fire the INON with another camera holding the optical cable in front of the strobe of another camera

Hold the Z-240 in front of the Camera without the fiber optic cable and take a picture. The Z-240 must fire in whatever position he is (as long he is switched on)!

Chris

Edited by ChrigelKarrer

Hi. Again thanks gusy allot for your replay.

I try to trigger Z-240 in front of the Camera without the fiber optic cable and take a picture. It is working. But it is strange, becouse i can see the light when i am triggering on the end of cable. But it is not enguh :(

Hi Marjan10000, assuming you haven't got your flash strength set on manual and too low, and your fibre cables are good, then one thing to look at is the little reflector plates inside the housing that direct the light up into the fibre optic ports.

I bought my AD7000 second hand and when I got it I couldn't get one of my strobes to fire properly. I eventually found that the reflector plate had been knocked and rotated. even a small rotation is enough to reduce the amount of light sent through the cables. I also found it was slightly bent. I carefully realigned it with a pair of pliers and there was a massive increase in the amount of light coming throuigh the cable. I haven't had and issue triggering my strobes since.

A long shot maybe but worth checking. If you want a photo of what I am talking about let me know and I'll post one.

Cheers

Hi Julian.

Many thanks for your replay. Please, can you post a photo....

I will try tomorow.

Cheers

Hi. Here you go, the two metal strips hang down deflect the light from the flash and up through the port. They can rotate left/right which reduces the amount of light they send up through the port and into the cables. In my case one was bent at a different angle also.

Bit of a long shot but worth checking.

Cheers

post-36288-0-37061800-1401249768_thumb.jpg

Thanks Julian. I have the same position, but nop :(

I tried everything, I tore off part of the cable and replaced with a new one. The camera triggers the flash through a cable, but over the port does not want to. Too small for the amount of light

I had the same problem, but I fixed it by bending the reflector metal strips to a better angle, and now it is flawless.

Sponsors

Advertisements