Sign in to follow this  
fbrousseau

Can a Sony PC330 be fitted in a PC100 Ikelite housing???

I currently own a Digital Camcorder Sony PC100 with the Ikelite Housing.

I am looking at buying the new PC330 (with still pictures of 3.1 Mpixels!!!) but and don't want to replace my housing as well ($$$).

Has anyone tried to fit the PC330 in the PC100 Ikelite housing ? If yes, what changes have you made to make it fit?

Thanks in advance...

Hopefully Ike will jump in here.

Ike will know for sure, but I don't believe it will.

I had a PC-110, and now have a PC-330. Sony did change location of the ONOFF switch slightly, it is also a different type of switch. Alot of the other controls have been moved. You MAY be able to use the record, zoom, and photo controls as they appear to be the same or very close, however most others have changed. Most electronic control manufactures only need a new rear door(to control the new ONoff switch) as they use the Lanc connection to control the other basic operations of the camera.

Hope this helps until Ike gives us a definitive answer. :)

BrantD is correct. Repair department believes they can tinker with your housing, replacing enough so it will be satisfactory for less that three hundred dollars. You would be limited to viewing screen with mirror only because of different camera dimensions. Even the distance from tray to lens center is different complicating everything. Proper answer is sell camera/housing on eBay.

Thank you all for the information.

I guess I will start looking for a new housing for the PC330 and sell the one I have...

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements