Sign in to follow this  
brett

Hawaii Diving

I have never dived Hawaii and I know it is a pretty large area with a number of beautiful islands.

Can anyone let me know where the best island to go diving would be, including liveaboards. Or can anyone pint me to a good website that covers all of Hawaii as a dive destination? I had a look but was unsuccessful.

Thanks,

Brett

In my opinion, the best diving by far is on the big island of Hawaii. The diving on the Kona Coast, all the way up to Hawaiikai is really very good, and most dive sites can be reached from shore (ie, a boat is not needed). Liveaboard diving - while luxurious and great if you're lazy :-) - is not really necessary, as they go to almost the same dive sites that you can reach from shore.

HTH

James

I would not go to Hawaii for a diving vacation. However the Naval Reserve sent me there about 6 times so I have done a fair amount of diving.

You can make some nice dives around Oahu. In the summer time the north shore beach dives are not bad. But it is not the best island. I would agree with James. The Kona coast of the big Island is the best diving I have seen in the islands. The City of Refuge is an excellent and easy shore dive. This is the coast I believe the Kona Aggressor visits. I also did some diving on Kauai. Nice diving. I liked the Kona coast better but the opinion of people stationed at Pearl Harbor was that Kauai was better. On Kauai you can see the Canyon and the Pali coast which are worth the visit. I've not been to Maui or the Molokai crater.

Sorry for all the misspelled names.

I'm in Hawaii right now! My girlfriend and I dove on the Big Island (Manta Ray night dives are neat!)

just once but we've done a whole bunch of dives with Lahaina Divers on Maui. You can dive the

world famous Molokini Crater (the clearest water I've yet seen) and also the sites Cathedral 1 and

Cathedral 2 off Lanai. This coming week I'm doing a bunch of dives on teh back wall of the Molokini

crater and revisiting Lanai as well as Molokini.

- aLV

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements