Sign in to follow this  
robertmaiker

Wide Angle and Filter Options for Sony Hi8 Digitals

Could someone recommend a good entry and maybe a mid-upper level Wide Angle Option with Filter for the Sony Hi8 Digitals. I Have a 0.5X on my DCR-TRV315 but the threads are damaged (still works fine ) and I need a lens that I can put a matching filter on. Looks like .42x is a little wider. How wide can we go with these Sony Hi 8's? Anyone ?

This is in an AUL Acrylic housing so the lens is mounted right on the Sony TRV315. The Kenko KGW-05 0.5X is about 1 and 3/4 inches in width, and I have room for up to 2 and 1/4 inches width, but no more.

Also for wide angle combo shots that are out in bright open water, and then into wrecks, and from springs into caves, what type of filter would be best. I can adjust the exposure so it won't bright out on my like it's doing now, but am I better off using the filter first, then adjusting ?

Is there a white balance adjustment on these ?

I only see exposure. I have started using a white page at the beginning

of the dive, mabe I should use it during the dive as well.

I am getting good video, (over 60-70 hours taken ) but need to tweek the color, and I'm setting up some smaller halogen ikelite Super-C lights with

plastic diffusers, so I'll let you know when I get it right.

Just video'd a new cave found 59.2 miles off west florida in 150-270' of water and the housing is doing great....

Filters Anybody ?

Signed...Having Fun trying to find that Happy Medium Light Zone !

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements