tc_rain

Airlock/Vacuum system

Is anyone using an airlock/vacuum system on their Ikelite housing? If so, what are your thoughts? I have searched the Ikelite website and don't see where they offer one, so I guess it would have to be an aftermarket purchase and install. From what I have read, it sounds like a pretty sensible item to have. I found that it is standard on the Nauticam housing (for my camera) but it is over double the price of the Ikelite housing. I am wavering between the Ikelite and the Nauticam housings. I thought maybe installing the airlock/vacuum system on the Ikelite as a possibility too.

The Vivid unit will fit on almost all housings!

the sentinel v3 system http://www.vividhousings.com/leak-sentinel.php can fit on ikelite housings, you can install it where the lens removal control is on ikelite housings,i ordered mine last night,i might add that i have had 3 ikelite housings 2 were dslr housings and have been very satisfied with them so far.

Edited by scuba-s

Historically "Housing Sentry" was the first after market vacuum system, then followed Vivid, Backscatter and Nauticam.

I would look at all of the systems and look at the different bells and whistles each provides. I have used both the Backscatter and Nauticam Systems. Both work fine.

Edited by eyu

I have used "Housing Sentry" with my Ikelite housing without any issue. It is fine and I love it.

With the way the Ikelite ports attach, do the port clips loosen when the housing is put under a vacuum?

The ports should nicely be held in place, due to underpressure.

Sponsors

Advertisements