Sign in to follow this  
mufazalov

Differences in UW housings for RX100 and RX100ii

Hi, all!

Does anyone have first hand experience with "similar make - different model" housings for Sony RX100/ii?

For example, what's is the difference in Nauticam's/Recsea's/Acquapazza's housings for Rx100 and the mk2?

Sea&Sea offers a "bumper pack" with its MDX-RX100 housing so that it could be used with both models. Is it possible to make the sane kit for other housings too?

The mk2 is thicker then the mk1 due to the pop out screen.

I guess it depends on the strategy and the design of the company which way they want to do it.

The mk2 is thicker then the mk1 due to the pop out screen.

I guess it depends on the strategy and the design of the company which way they want to do it.

Yes, hellhole, I know. Something about 3mm, right?

Do you think that those 3mms are super crucial? I doubt that those big brands would actually redesign the housing's thickness, rather play with the length of the control dials etc.

I have a relatively cheap housing from Meikon that's made for the rx100m2 but fits my original rx100 for the most part. Control of the mode dial is a little sketchy, but this is as much because of a poorly fitting housing as it is because the mode dial has become difficult to turn over time. The buttons are in the same place with respect to each other. Of course no guarantee that this would apply to the brands you mention.

This doesn't apply to the rx100m3; I just bought one and it doesn't fit my housing because the buttons are in somewhat different places and the lens extends a bit farther and crashes into the port.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements