Sign in to follow this  
diver dave1

Advice on a Subsee holder

I have a Nexus MP60 port that I want to attach a Subsee 10+ wet lens. The port is just over 100 mm in diameter. I think mine is about 104mm. I could buy the adapter from Subsee but wondering about what advice those on this site offer. I like the option of removing/using the wet lens easily. I plan to use 105mm Nikon lens with it.

Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

diver dave 1,

I do like the quality of the Subsee macro lenses.

Downside: the adapter I bought for my Light & Motion housing has proved to be fragile. It cracked in half the first time I used it; thankfully my little lanyard saved it from the depths. I suspect the printing process that apparently was used to make the holder resulted in a fairly weak piece of plastic. If there's a way to get or make a stronger holder, I'd suggest doing so.

Tom

Hey Dave,

AFAIK the Deeproof adapter is the best option, but then I haven't researched for other options for some time. The one for 100mm ports

works well on the MP60. I liked the solid construction and ability to flip diopter in and out. I did use a hole on the unit to attach a "just in

case" lanyard though the unit never showed any sign of slipping off.

Cheers,

Jim.

Hi

You may be able to get from Dyron they make all types of holders, I managed to get one for my Seacam flat port.

Regards,

Andy

Hey Dave,

AFAIK the Deeproof adapter is the best option, but then I haven't researched for other options for some time. The one for 100mm ports

works well on the MP60. I liked the solid construction and ability to flip diopter in and out. I did use a hole on the unit to attach a "just in

case" lanyard though the unit never showed any sign of slipping off.

Cheers,

Jim.

Jim, I used to have one of those but had forgotten where I got if from. Mine did not fit well. Had to remove the screw on the right in the pic and stretch the metal as hard as I could to get it to snap on. Brain Dead Me did not think to tie it on. It and an Inon UCL-165 now reside off the coast of Grand Cayman on the bottom. Debating whether to try it again or try something else.

I used Subsee with it's laser carved adapter on an Ikelite housing for many years and was happy with it. When I bought an adapter to fit my Aquatica housing, I had nothing but problems. Unlike the adapter for Ikelite, the adapter made to fit Aquatica did not have a locking mechanism opposite the hinge. The lack of a lock to hold the hinge closed made it necessary to tighten the thumbscrew enough to stop the Subsee from flopping in and out of position. The soft plastic that is used in construction of the adapter is not strong enough to stand up to this tightening for long, and the screws stripped out in short order. I made the decision to switch to the Aquatica close-up lenses.

Edited by diverdoug1

I placed an order with Divervision for the unit you mentioned, Jim.

They offered to make a customized size to fit my MP60 at no additional cost. Mine is about 102.3mm and the standard unti does not fit it.

Thanks for the assistance.

Diver Dave

Hi Dave, please, could you tell us if this adapter fit well and if it is good or not. Tell us your impressions.

I have a Deep Proof adapter for my Subsee +10 on Sea & Sea. For that one, I had to remove the rubber ring from the standard port, but it snaps on nicely. It's a little bit clumsy to carry. You'll need a lanyard to hook to your BC or hang from the housing, unless you make a holder for the arm, but it's rather large and would get in the way. They're cheap, though and work fine.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements