Sign in to follow this  
ante

Amphibico PD150 and new HD camera

Hi everyone,

As I still have Amphibico PD150 housing in a good shape, is it possible to use it with some new HD camera instead of old Sony PD150. Any experience?

Best regards

Ante,

Everything is possible, I have done it with old VX1 Amphibico housing that now fits a Sony HC-1E HDV camera. There are a couple of thing you need to look out for. First, the new camera will need to fit into the housing and the lens has to be aligned with the lens of the housing.Second, the LANC protocol of your old housing has to work with the LANC of your new camera. Over the years the Sony LANC protocol has changed so you will have to confirm that. For my camera I had to instal a new LANC controller and use only the button functions of the housing to control this controller. Your mechanical buttons will probably won't work with your new camera, if there are any.

Good luck

• Like 1

It would have to be one of the Sony HDR-HC series or possibly an early HDR-SR series camera. The HC's are all tape based so might have better compatibility with your housings LANC.

A little after that time period - maybe 2006? or so - Sony switched to their Multi-Interface Accessory Shoe and eliminated LANC. So none of the newer CX series cameras will work.

Another consideration is that the HR series are quite a bit shorter than the PD-150. This shows the differences - http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/attachments/sony-xdcam-ex-cinealta/8506d1217498523-ex3-pd150-hc1-size-comparison-pic-pwmex3-size-comparison-001.jpg - the bottom camera is an HDR-HC1. Maybe there would be room enough for a small internal monitor up against your viewfinder.

Edited by sjspeck
  • Like 1

Tkank you for you coments. So, there is change. I will take your experience and suggestion into cosideration:)

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements