Sign in to follow this  
00wabbit

Limited budget. Should I look for 2 1200 lumen lights or 1 2000+ lumen?

I have a limited budget of around $500.

I will be buying used.

I shoot with rx100 in nauticam housing with uwl-100 wide angle and dome.

I shoot mostly darker water shipwrecks. Like the Great Lakes, st lawrence river etc. I prefer to shoot wide angle on the wrecks to capture the overall scene. I would like to add some light to close up parts of the ship or details etc. also when diving in Morehead city I would like to add some light to the sharks as they swim overhead.

I shoot photos and video. I definitely want to go with a light rather than a strobe because I shoot both and in darker water environments I will use the light as my dive light on my camera also.

I figure with my budget I should be able to find a good deal for 2 1200 lumen lights similar to Solas.

Now I'm wondering if it would be better to just buy one more powerful light and then later I can add another when the budget allows or I can add strobes.

Again, I'm not trying to light a whole shipwreck. I know that's impossible. I would like to be able to light up a close up detail of the ship though (like a propellor) while the rest of the ship fades to the background.

Thanks - and if you've got anything to sell let me know. I'm looking now until Christmas to get a light or 2.

I would argue that 2 lights will be more effective underwater since you might not want to always get big shadows from a sidelight.

BVA

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements