escape

Living Colour – Panasonic GH4

https://vimeo.com/105530046

https://vimeo.com/105530046

http://youtu.be/ZX1oAGWmFh0

http://youtu.be/ZX1oAGWmFh0

A sampling of underwater 4K footage shot on Panasonic GH4.

Filmed mostly in Tulamben, Bali in Indonesia and some more from Anilao in Philippines and Maldives.

Panasonic GH4 in Nauticam housing, Panasonic 8mm FE & 7-14mm, Olympus 60mm lens

Fix 7000, Aquako 4K, Sola 1200 lights, Nauticam SMC & Aquako diopters, Xit404 tripod.

15165404242_6d761d31bc_z.jpg

Cheers!

Ej,

• Like 1

Great stuff EunJae! Have you done a write-up somewhere of your thoughts on the Aquako 4k, or can you please share them here? I like the size & changeable battery. Thanks!

Great stuff EunJae! Have you done a write-up somewhere of your thoughts on the Aquako 4k, or can you please share them here? I like the size & changeable battery. Thanks!

bdfc7d2546b7c4c028f4447ca83f1230.jpg

Hi Bob, Thanks,

So far, I like the new Aquako Cylux 4K lights.

It's very compact and powerful (about 5000 lumen) and very wide angle beam (no hotspot) and the very warm color temperature (5000K) is really nice for tropical blue water wide angle shot.

Battery life also not bad (1h at max out and +10h min).

The only cons is you can't check the battery status during the use (led battery status on the battery).

I heard they're working on this and there will be new update version.

Wonderful Eunjae, I love the music, the timing, the images, especially love the editing. Very special partner. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Cheers!

Steve

Really nice, like the use of the very still tripod shots building with more and more movement as the video progresses.

Watched in on my 39" 4K Seiki TV/Monitor. It's a treat! The detail of the mantis shrimp eyes are spotless, specially after consider Youtube compress the hell out of the 4K video. I'm dying to see how the Panasonic LX100 stack up to the GH4 for 4K!

Really nice, Eunjae! That was a few minutes watching well spent. It must have taken you hours to edit. Great stuff!

Fantastic work! Makes me want to go back to Bali to dive there :)

Hi.. apology to revive this thread again..

First.. inspiring video as always EunJae.. Love it!!

I've just sold all my top side camera (Canon stuff) and underwater camera (RX100ii in nauticam housing) and replace all with the GH4. Currently I've Panny 7-14 and Oly 60mm macro for underwater and perhaps add the 8mm FE in the future.

I've ordered the Nauticam housing and its flat port for the macro stuff. But need some additional info for the WA side. I like EunJay's setup for its Nauticam GH4 and I think I would like to copy it, thus I do need some info:

1. The new 180mm glass dome port from Nauticam, is this the Nauticam 18809 optical glass wide angle port?

2. Do I loose zoom function if I use this 18809 ports? Since the gear that mentioned in the Nauticam's catalog for this port is only for focus gear?

3. Can I use this 18809 glass port with the Pany 8mm FE lens? Are there any drawback?

Thanks all.. Appreciate any comments and answers :)

Bona

Hi.. apology to revive this thread again..

First.. inspiring video as always EunJae.. Love it!!

I've just sold all my top side camera (Canon stuff) and underwater camera (RX100ii in nauticam housing) and replace all with the GH4. Currently I've Panny 7-14 and Oly 60mm macro for underwater and perhaps add the 8mm FE in the future.

I've ordered the Nauticam housing and its flat port for the macro stuff. But need some additional info for the WA side. I like EunJay's setup for its Nauticam GH4 and I think I would like to copy it, thus I do need some info:

1. The new 180mm glass dome port from Nauticam, is this the Nauticam 18809 optical glass wide angle port?

2. Do I loose zoom function if I use this 18809 ports? Since the gear that mentioned in the Nauticam's catalog for this port is only for focus gear?

3. Can I use this 18809 glass port with the Pany 8mm FE lens? Are there any drawback?

Thanks all.. Appreciate any comments and answers :)

Bona

Hi Bona,

Yes, it's #18809 180mm optical dome and you need N85 to N120 port adaptor.

I'm not sure you can use zoom and focus gear same time in this configuration (check with Nauticam dealer).

And last, you can't use 180mm dome with 8mm FE because it will not fit without adaptor.

Thanks for that quick response EunJay!

Will check with the dealer for sure.

Regards,

Bona

Sponsors

Advertisements