divengolf

Diving Blue Heron Bridge in October; Advice???

I'm going to be around the BHB in early October. The 2nd, 3rd and possibly the 4th. I've read many sites, posts and blogs and understand the layout, tide considerations, etc. High tides are about 3:30pm, 4:30pm & 5:30 pm on those days. I was planning to do a reef dive in the morning, but found out that the day boats don't leave until 10 am on weekdays which makes it real tight, esp. on the 2nd.

I've done a good bit of muck diving, Lembeh, Raja Ampat, Komodo, etc., but was considering hiring a guide to act as a critter finder at least for the first dive on the 2nd. Opinions on value of doing that??

Any other info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Harry

Hi Harry,

I would definitely hire a guide for your first time at the Bridge. There is a lot more to cover than you'd expect by looking at it and the best locations vary with the conditions.

Have a ball!

Steve

I'm going to be around the BHB in early October. The 2nd, 3rd and possibly the 4th.

Harry: any updates. Did you do the Bridge? thoughts? comparisons?

Jim

Does anyone have a recommendation on a guide? I'm going to be in Florida next month and just may be able to fit a dive in here finally!

Inquire at Reef Photo for recommendations.

They advertise on this site.

I took video class with Reef Photos two years ago. Just went to the bridge last month and saw Reef Photos bring their class students to the bridge. They use Pura Vita, which is like 5 minutes away from the bridge, so you can just rent your tank, weight, diver's flag and guide from there:

http://www.puravidadivers.com/dive-blue-heron-bridge-phil-foster-park

Moses

Laz Ruda is one of, if not, the best guide on the bridge. You can pm me for email details or reach out via Pura Vida (linked to above). I've dove at the bridge multiple times and still seek out Laz. He's awesome

Sponsors

Advertisements