Hello everyone,

I wanted to share my first video from our trip to Papua New Guinea. We stayed at Tawali and had the entire resort to ourselves for 12 days! it was really a fantastic spot and we really enjoyed both the diving and resort very much. While PNG is not exactly easy to get to, it should be on everyone's bucket list.

This is the first of a few videos that I will be making from the trip. Let me know what you think. I hope you enjoy it!

Or Youtube

• Like 1

Absolutely gorgeous work! Thanks for posting. I especially like the macro sequences at the beginning, they are so well lit. Speaking of which, how did you light the anemone that begins at about 2:50 to look like it is glowing from within?

• Like 1

Absolutely gorgeous work! Thanks for posting. I especially like the macro sequences at the beginning, they are so well lit. Speaking of which, how did you light the anemone that begins at about 2:50 to look like it is glowing from within?

Thank you for your comments. With the tube anemone. I didn't do anything special. I just lit it from above. Aiming the light straight down in it. Limiting the over spray of the light to the front and not the back. So the background would be darker.

Dustin

Nice. I'll have to try that setup with stills. Thanks for the tip.

That will be interesting to see if it will work with stills. I would think your best bet would be to use a snoot of some kind to get the same effect.

Dustin

I'm sure you are right that a snoot would be the way to go. I am a bit hesitant though as I guess that aiming one would add a level of complexity that I am not ready to take on. Then again, the results could well make it worth learning

Dustin,

only just seen this. Totally brilliant work!!!

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks Matt. I appreciate the encouraging words!

Sponsors

Advertisements