I wanted to share some of my shots from my last red sea trip this summer. I started photography in 2012 because I was absolutely fascinated by the stunning underwater shots I discovered on uwphotographyguide.com. Unfortunately i did not have much time to take underwater shots the previous years because I had hardly time to go diving but I tried to practice a lot with my cam whenever I had some spare time.

Shots taken with a Sony A65 and Tamron 60/2, Sigma 10/2.8 or Tamron 17-50/2.8@17mm in an Ikelite housing with one DS-161 and one DS-125. Critics much appreciated :)

DSC00905.jpg

DSC06307.jpg

DSC06368.jpg

DSC06580.jpg

DSC06722.jpg

DSC06884.jpg

DSC06889.jpg

DSC06923.jpg

DSC06926.jpg

Woha ! Those WA pics ! I like them a lot, second one has very nice composition, and the 8'th it's very "deep". I mean there are interesting things in the first plan, second and than more and more in the background.

The first one, great composition, but are you sure about the colours ? I would like to see more contrast as well - the lights are OK but slightly more of shadows & darks would make it better.

Good job anyway, do You have more of them ?

Very nice, we are running a shop trip there in 2016. Your shots are inspirational... ;-)

You probably have this sorted already, Jack, but if you are looking for a boat which heads down to St Johns, I can heartily recommend Emperor Divers. I did their St Johns and the Furys trip in August. The boat, Emperor Elite, was excellent - as was the crew - and I thought some of the dives were amongst the top 10 I have done. I did a Trip Advisor report on my return - as did my partner.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g311425-d2562459-r225533533-Emperor_Liveaboards-Marsa_Alam_Red_Sea_and_Sinai.html

Thank you for your comments! I wasn't even thinking about WB of the first picture, but I will check it as soon as I am at home. I have to look through the pics if I find some other decent shots, but during the dives I had to do a lot of try & error as I wasn't very experienced with taking suitable fisheye/wideangle pics.

@Jack: I hope you'll have a great time there. I was on the Seawolf Dominator, which is a nice boat with a great crew and superb kitchen. The only annoying thing was the nervous guide...

Some really nice images there :-)

Beautiful pictures. Great catch on the dolphins.

Are you doing post-process WB?

Hi, thank you!

For macro pics and wideangle shots without flashes I am always correcting WB which is quite tricky IMHO. AWB for wideangle/fisheye with flashes (1x Ikelite DS-125, 1x Ikelite DS-161) is performing well usually.

Sponsors

Advertisements